Universal and Free School Meals
Universal School Meals
From September 2014 every Child in Year Reception to Year 2 is entitled to a free school meal under the Universal Free School Meal Scheme.
Free School Meals
Do you qualify?
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you receive one of the benefits below:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an income income that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone receive for a further weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
How to claim ?
- Checking whether you qualify and registering is really quick and easy – do it online by clicking the link then New Application - Start.
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year) and the school gets extra money to help your child.
- If you don’t want your child to have a free school meal they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify, and are registered, the school still gets the extra money.
- You only need to complete this form once and it will last for the duration of your child’s time at their current school.
If you have any queries or need some more information, please do not hesitate to contact the school office on 0161 338 4854.